WG: st: RE: how to save output from TABLE or TABSTAT as a stata .dta data file

Subject   WG: st: RE: how to save output from TABLE or TABSTAT as a stata .dta data file
Date   Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:26:40 +0200

<>

I am forwarding this email by Feng to let the list know the status of this
thread :-)

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Shuaizhang Feng [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. April 2009 17:24
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: RE: how to save output from TABLE or TABSTAT as a stata
.dta data file

Hi Martin:

Thank you very much for your help. The -replace- option works fine for my
purpose.

-collapse- brings trouble to me as I am running the command mutliple times,
generating multiple data sets with the intention to join them together at
the end. But when some of the data set that -collapse- geneate is empty, it
stops there. Even when I use -cpature- to force it, the data set still
remains the orginal. I guess if I have "if .. else" control to first
determine whether the dataset if empty, then maybe I can get rid of that
problem.

Shuaizhang