Re: st: RE: How to correct for serial correlation with panel data

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: How to correct for serial correlation with panel data
Date   Sun, 05 Apr 2009 16:08:32 +0200

Belated suggestions:
-gthacker- from http://people.bu.edu/ralfaro/stata fits a fixed-effects models with Newey-West standard error correction
-xtscc- from SSC produces Driscoll and Kraay (1998) standard errors for coefficients estimated by pooled OLS/WLS or panel fixed-effects (within) regression. The error structure is assumed to be heteroskedastic, autocorrelated up to some lag, and possibly correlated between the groups (panels).
Both of them seem to work with unbalanced panels
-xtivreg2- from SSC also does a lot of nice things.

Nicola

P.S. I'll NOT receive/read any email but the Digest.

Driscoll, John C. and Aart C. Kraay, 1998, Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation with Spatially Dependent Panel Data, Review of Economics and Statistics 80, 549-560.