st: Using tmap dot and customizing markers

From   "Vitorino, Maria Ana" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Using tmap dot and customizing markers
Date   Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:19:07 -0500

Title: Using tmap dot and customizing markers

Dear stata-list users,

I have a dataset with the following four columns: observation, latitude, longitude, batch_number
As a small example, the first six rows of the data look something like the following:

1 39.977741 -75.287768 1
2 39.98695 -75.301235 1
3 40.0937201  -75.0205653 2
4 40.8956971  -76.8081187       3
5 40.041349 -75.070036 3
6 40.142553 -74.919325 3

I would like to plot the observations in a map (US map, or ideally, Pennsylvania map) and use as markers the observations' batch_number(which is in the last column of the data).
I searched the documentation for tmap but couldn't come up with how to do it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!