Re: st: 2SLS with random effects correcting for autocorrelation

From   Stephen Armah <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 2SLS with random effects correcting for autocorrelation
Date   Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:17:57 -0500

Dear all,
How does one test for the different kinds of endogeneity and what is
the order of testing in STATA? The two possible kinds of endogeneity I
am dealing with are
(i) simultaneity or omitted variable endogeneity (I know I should use
the C test)
(ii) country-specific endogeneity (I know I should use the Hausman)

My dependent variable is growth. I have a cross-section with 31
countries and 6 four-year periods. With regards to (i) above, I have
10 exogenous included RHS variables and many exogenous excluded
instruments.

Also should I first for auto-correlation  and heteroskedasticity in
STATA before testing for endogeneity or is is better to do the
reverse?

Thanks