Re: st: 2SLS with random effects correcting for autocorrelation

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 2SLS with random effects correcting for autocorrelation
Date   Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:41:27 +0100

No suggestions that 100% fit your problem.
Among second best solutions, you may leave the random effects. In such a case, an uncommon choice is to try the -fmivreg- from http://www.antonisureda.com/other/stuff/files/ which uses the Fama and MacBeth (1973) two step procedure, with instrumental variables and Newey-West standard errors. In the first step, for each single time period a cross-sectional regression is performed. Then, in the second step, the final coefficient estimates are obtained as the average of the first step coefficient estimates.
Fama, Eugene F., and James D. MacBeth, 1973. Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical tests, Journal of Political Economy 81, 607-636.
Other options (not involving the fixed effects) are first differencing (-xitvreg2- and -xtabond2-) or cross-sectional commands (-ivreg2-, -newey2-), all of them are available from SSC.
Nicola

P.S. I'll NOT receive/read any email but the Digest.