RE: st: Build groups with the same first two numbers of SIC

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Build groups with the same first two numbers of SIC
Date   Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:58:55 -0000

But that was not the problem. The -if- condition didn't fail. The -keep- was perfectly legal and executed as instructed. If what you suggest were to be done, the -capture- would need to be on the next two statements,  the -egen- and the -save-.

Martin Weiss

Other listers have highlighted easy fixes for your problem. Let me add: A failure of an -if- condition, as you describe in your post, need not kill a loop if you add -capture- in front of the respective command. If you want a record of the suppressed error, add the line

-di in red _rc-

afterwards to see whether the return code was non-zero.

"Hua Pan" <[email protected]>