Re: st: ordered tabulation with only top values shown

From   Rodrigo Briceño <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ordered tabulation with only top values shown
Date   Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:55:43 -0600

Thanks Nick and all answered my thread. I am testing fre, but also
will look at the last ones mentioned by Nick!

2009/3/19 Nick Cox <[email protected]>:
> -fre- is excellent for this and related problems.
>
> But there are other solutions too which have been around for some time.
>
> -modes- from SJ does what Rodrigo wants. So would -groups- from SSC.
>
> -groups- has one advantage over -modes- or -fre-: it extends to frequencies of two or more variables considered jointly.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Martin Weiss
>
> One could think of constructs with the -in- qualifier here, but Maarten`s answer is unbeatable: -ssc d fre- takes care of both ordering and subsetting the values...
>
> Rodrigo Briceño
>
>> Thanks Maarten and Martin. To clarify my opaque need to Martin what I
>> need is that the table produced only shows the first ten values (the
>> highest 10 values or any other small figure) to avoid having really
>> long tables of results and further editing (erasing anything below the
>> 10th greatest value). It is more clear now?

>> > Yes, see -ssc describe fre- for Ben Jann's -fre- package.
>> >

> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Rodrigo Briceño
Economist