Re: st: ordered tabulation with only top values shown

From   Rodrigo Briceño <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ordered tabulation with only top values shown
Date   Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:02:09 -0600

Thanks Maarten and Martin. To clarify my opaque need to Martin what I
need is that the table produced only shows the first ten values (the
highest 10 values or any other small figure) to avoid having really
long tables of results and further editing (erasing anything below the
10th greatest value). It is more clear now?

2009/3/18 Maarten buis <[email protected]>:

> --- Rodrigo Briceno wrote:
>> I recently discovered the use of the command
>> tab with the option sort in order to get an ordered table of
>> frequencies (descendant order).
>> I am wondering if I can use an additional option in order to show only
>> some specific set of results, since some categories on my tables are
>> really long (more than 256 categories in one case).
>> Also I have the doubt if tab could be combined with an option in order
>> to get ascendant frequencies.
>
> Yes, see -ssc describe fre- for Ben Jann's -fre- package.
>
> -- Maarten

> Maarten L. Buis
> Institut fuer Soziologie
> Universitaet Tuebingen