Re: st: "mfx, predict at(...)" evaluated at CONDITIONAL means?

Subject   Re: st: "mfx, predict at(...)" evaluated at CONDITIONAL means?
Date   Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:09:10 +0100

<>

Couple of things:

You cannot use locals in the -mfx- if you define permanent vars in the -egen- statement.

I played around with the -if- qualifier as well, but that restricts the sample of which the mean is taken to the cases where -mpg- equals thirty while you want to adjust for mpg equal to thirty...

Eva`s solution is most elegant, and I think she wins our little contest - hands down.

HTH
Martin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Martin Weiss