st: ICD10?

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ICD10?
Date   Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:05:40 +0000

Hi,

I'm increasingly working with ICD10 codes (albeit almost exclusively
Cancer Diagnostics i.e. C#'s) and was wondering if there has been any
developments towards ICD10 routines in Stata?

Searches of the archives
(http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+site:www.stata.com+stata+icd10)
show that the topic has occurred sporadically over the last few years
and a post from Ken Higbee indicates that StataCorp. were held back by
the lack of available electronic versions (see
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-12/msg00016.html), but
these have been available online at
http://www.who.int/classifications/apps/icd/icd10online/ for some time
(see also http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-12/msg00123.html)
and Tim Wade has done some work on mapping ICD9 procedure codes to
ICD10 (see http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-01/msg00194.html).

Bill Rising wrote the -icd9x- command (-net describe icd9x-) and Bill
Gould wrote -icd9- and -icd9p- commands (-net describe dm76-) and its
the functionality of Bill Gould's commands to add textual descriptions
based on ICD10 codes that I'm particularly interested in (since its
boring and repetitive to have to explicitly have to enter these when
the data I start with only has the ICD10 codes themselves).

In due course, as time permits I shall work on writing something to do
this, but thought I'd throw out a line into the Stata ocean and see if
anyone has done similar to avoid re-inventing the wheel.

Cheers

Neil

--
"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/