st: ICD10 function?

From   Jannik Helweg-Larsen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ICD10 function?
Date   Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:09:56 +0100

Last year in December(http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-
12/msg00016.html) there was a request for a ICD10 function similar to the ICD9
function, to which Ken Higbee answered:

".....Our problem is that we cannot find an official source for the
mapping of codes into short phrases and we are unsure of how to
proceed with what information we can find.

ICD-10 is produced by WHO.  At their web site, they say

     "... a CD-ROM has been in preparation for some time ... has
     suffered another technical setback with the software ...
     publication date has been indefinitely postponed. ... we do
     not have an electronic version of the ICD-10 to offer our
     customers."  -- http://www.who.int/whosis/icd10/electron.htm

That CD-ROM would, of course, be what would be most useful for
us.

So we have looked around the web and have run into two
difficulties:

    1.  There seems to be no official source for all the codes
        other than the printed book

    2.  There is possibly enough information to be found on the
        web to assemble something, but there appear to be
        copyright issues.
...... "

Noticing that a online version of ICD10 is now available from WHO:
http://www3.who.int/icd/vol1htm2003/fr-icd.htm-
- I was wondering if Stata or anyone else will be producing a ICD10 function?

Jannik Helweg-Larsen
Epidemiafdeling M
Rigshospitalet
Denmark