Re: st: UCINET- Data input

From   Emmanuel Koku <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: UCINET- Data input
Date   Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:27:48 -0400

Read up on the structure of the edgelist1 data format in UCINET (see
the help section) there are examples. The format looks like this:
Person A  --->  Person B --> Variable of Interest. So assuming a
cooperation between an ArtistA and a ProducerB  takes the value of 1,
and 0 otherwise, your dataset  up for input into UCINET should look
like this:

Artist      --->  Producer --- Value

A ------>  B-----> 1

What you want is let stata output the value of the three variables.
Basically, for each case, it outputs the values of specified
variables. I am not sure if Stata has the List command - but others
can help here.

Once you have this, save it as an excel file, and then follow the
instructions in UCINET's Data->Import menu.

Hope this helps a bit... if not, let us know.

rgds, Emmanuel
Emmanuel F. Koku, Phd
Department of Culture & Communication
Drexel University, PSA Building 47-Room 309
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Tel:  1 -  215 - 895 - 6144
Fax: 1 -  928 - 438 - 4263