Re: st: 64 bit MySQL 5.1 ODBC driver for Mac OS 10.5.6

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 64 bit MySQL 5.1 ODBC driver for Mac OS 10.5.6
Date   Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:04:14 -0600

We have the same problem using MS SQL. According to Stata Corp, there
are no 64 bit OBDC drivers. StatTransfer or 32 bit Stata seem to be
the solutions for now.

Fred

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Jackman, Rachael
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear Statalisters,
>
> I am new to Stata and this list, so I hope this is an appropriate question
> for this forum.
>
> I am trying to access a MySQL database from Stata 10.1, but am having
> difficulty finding an appropriate ODBC driver.  I am using MySQL 5.1.31 on
> Mac OS 10.5.6.  Unfortunately, at the moment, MySQL only puts out a 32 bit
> version of this driver for Mac which is not compatible with Stata 10.1
> (Stata 10.1 requires a 64 bit driver).  I have been looking for a third
> party driver, but have not had much luck finding one that works.
>
> Is there anyone using this configuration (or a similar one) who has found a
> functioning driver?
>
> Any recommendations would be appreciated.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Rachael
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
NDB Office  +1 316 263 2125 Ext 0
Research Office +1 316 686 9195