Re: st: AW: can I get standardized coefficients by standardize variables first?

From   Eva Poen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: can I get standardized coefficients by standardize variables first?
Date   Tue, 3 Mar 2009 23:22:13 +0000

Finally, we should not leave the analytic solution unmentioned:

xtreg y var1 var2 var3 var4, fe

qui sum y if e(sample)
scalar sy = r(sd)

foreach var of varlist var1 var2 var3 var4 {
  qui sum `var' if e(sample)
  di "standardised coefficient for `var':   " _b[`var']*r(sd)/sy
}

Eva