st: RE: question about histograms

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: question about histograms
Date   Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:22:54 -0000

It is unclear what the precise problem is. This kind of question is
usually best sorted out directly with Stata tech support. On the face of
it you need an -update- to Stata at server level which can only be
undertaken by those with the requisite permissions, who are most
unlikely to be undergraduate users.

By the way, you replied to a entire daily digest without deleting it....

Katie Vigilante

my students are using stata 10.0; we are launching stata through the
university server. unfortunately, many of the students are having
trouble using the histogram command through the graphics pull down
menu; it works fine on my desktop with a hard version of stata
installed.

They continue to get an awkward result....the instruction I founf for
this sort of issue were "update swap" but when I have them try this,
the result is that the program fails to engage because it is being
used by another user. I shut down the system and started over to no
avail.

it's very frustrating to me and the students and i really wish I could
help them. any suggestions?