Re: st: statweave

Subject   Re: st: statweave
Date   Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:14:36 -0600

Phil Schumm presented something along the similar lines of combining
LaTeX code with Stata code at one of the NASUGs, two or three years
ago.

I am happy with producing all my tables using -estout- and then
\input{}ing them. I am OK with hitting some buttons twice.

The thing is, if a person has figured out LaTeX, they would be able to
figure out -file- and all that to produce whatever formatting they
need. But I would guess that on statalist, 75% of people copy/paste
their results to Word, and it is evene worse in the Big World of Stata
users where the ratio will more likely be 90% to 10%. The LaTeX base
is there, it is active, but hardly overwhelming. I would imagine that
with R users, the situation is likely to be reverse: LaTeX is pretty
much a prerequisite to writing a dissertation with more than 10
formulas in it... and most (bio)statistics or econometrics
dissertations would probably exceed that limit. And that's where R is
sitting.