RE: st: RE: A problem with temporary file

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: A problem with temporary file
Date   Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:41:21 -0000

Glad you are making progress with this.

If any further problems arise, the check would be to see whether exactly the same code was being applied in exactly the same circumstances, "Exactly" means what it says. From the hint you give, I have to guess that that was not the case.

Less gnomically: Windows, to name the beast, evidently allows versions of filenames without spaces, but I don't know how universal that is or whether Stata always makes use of such names when it can.

Joseph McDonnell

Nick, this seems to work. I had actually considered this but thought
it wouldn't work. My colleague's situation seems identical to mine
except for a name change so I'm still mystified as to why the extra
quotes are required for her but not for me.

But as you and Rich suggest, it's undoubtedly safer to use the double
quotes and I will do so in future.

My colleague asked me to pass on her thanks and I wish to do likewise.