st: Local Linear Regression with Covariates - for use with RD design

From   "Martinez, Erika" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Local Linear Regression with Covariates - for use with RD design
Date   Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:02:14 -0500 (EST)

Hello All,

I am trying to perform Kernel-weighted local polynomial smoothing with multiple independent variables. From what I can find, lpoly performs these regressions, however only using a single xvar. How would I implement this in STATA?

My reasoning for doing so is that I am trying to use a regression discontinuity design and introduce additional covariates. I know that the use of these covariates will have little effect on the estimator but including these variables may help improve precision and also eliminate some bias when observations that are not close to the cutoff are included in the RD framework.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.