st: Re: How does -kwallis2- compute adjusted p-values for significance?

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: How does -kwallis2- compute adjusted p-values for significance?
Date   Thu, 12 Feb 2009 06:35:27 -0500

<>
To this end, StataCorp sponsors an excellent peer-refereed journal in which many of the most heavily used user-written Stata packages are fully documented with references to the underlying statistical literature. Not every user-written package (including many of my own) has been described in the Stata Journal, but I would urge authors of generally useful user-written packages to submit their work to the Journal. Although the process is similar to that of any respected journal in terms of rigor and demands on the author, turnaround is relatively swift and in my experience as an associate editor most submissions are eventually published with one or two rounds of revision. (This may reflect selection bias, in that the editors may have culled poor submissions and not sent them on). We all benefit by having user-written packages more formally documented, and after three years the articles are freely available.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html