Re: st: xtmixed: cov structure for within REs

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtmixed: cov structure for within REs
Date   Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:22:15 -0500

Scott,

The  the general linear mixed model is defined

by

Y=XB+ZU+ e

E(Y)=XB

V=Cov(Y) = ZGZ' +  R
where

the G matrix is the covariance matrix for the random effects and the R matrix is that for the repeated effects.

The random effects are specified after the || and the within subjects (repeated effects) are specified by cov(   )
in the xtmixed command.

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor
Silver School of Social Work