Re: st: R: Kaplan meier graphs

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: R: Kaplan meier graphs
Date   Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:42:54 +0000

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 12:25 PM, sarah keys <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks Carlo - that worked!
>
> I don't suppose you (or anyone else) know about adjusting KM?
> I am not even sure if it make sense to adjust survival functions?
>
> I can adjust by one factor i.e: age shown below:
>
> sts,by(group) fail adjustfor(age) ylabel(0 0.1 0.25) tmax(2)
>
> but what about for multiple factors - can't get the coding right

Just to throw something into the mix you might want to look at -strel-
from the Cancer Survival Group at the London School of Hygeine &
Tropical Medicine.  Not sure if it allows adjusting for multiple
factors though.

> Really appreciate this help as I am a newy!

This reminds me of a quote thrown up by -njc- (see
http://pubpages.unh.edu/~rosem/stata/ )

"Waving newbieness at the list is like waving garlic at a vampire in old
horror films. It is, you may think, a little trick to protect yourself. In
newer horror films the vampires just laugh at garlic and bite you anyway.
In all films nice people are nice anyway and don't need pleas for gentleness"
- Nick Cox, 21 Feb 2006, st: Dear all: and so forth

;D

Neil

--
"We should make things as simple as possible, but not simpler."  -
Anon (not Albert Einstein)

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/