Re: st: Set more off

From   "David Elliott" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Set more off
Date   Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:53:45 -0400

2009/1/20 Jeph Herrin said:
 What I'd like is to somehow -set more off- when I see
> the first -more- prompt.

I suspect that would have to be built into the executable.  I've never
had the "prolonged spacebar press" method fail to clear any subsequent
-more- condition in a long routine.

Just a comment for those writing (a)do files.  I often put the
following bit of code in when I want to overrule the current more
state but return to the user's setting afterwards:

local more `c(more)'  // local more will contain "on" or "off"
set more off
... // program steps
set more `more'  // restore previous more state
end

--
David Elliott