Re: st: Set more off

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Set more off
Date   Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:41:05 -0500

I understand the original question to be about how to disable
-more- the first time it shows up. I often have this problem -
sometimes I even forget in a do file which is running some long-winded
models, and it stops after a full screen - I just want to turn it off
then, but can't seem to - if I don't want to hang around fifteen minutes
for the next screen full, I have to restart the do-file no matter what.

I'd like to disable the -more- (-set more off-) the first time it stops
the output. Is there a way?

Neil Shephard wrote:
Yes, type -set more off- in Stata itself before running your do-file.

This happens because the -set more off- in your do-file is "local" to
that do-file when you hit an error that is lost (as are any macros
your setting in your do-file).

Probably the easiest solution would be to correct your errors and then
re-run your whole do-file (providing the early stages don't take too
long to run).

Neil