Re: st: Draw splines after Cox-regression

From   "Claus Dethlefsen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Draw splines after Cox-regression
Date   Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:27:56 +0100

Dear Maarten (& list)

Thank you for the quick reply. It is a very nice syntax that already
can tidy up my code. However, it is still not quite what I want. In
your setting, I want to set the variable ammonia to a given reference,
for example 3. Then, the relative hazard should be 1 for ammonia=3. In
your example code, the reference level for ammonia is set to 0, which
is out of the observed range.

In other words, I would like to draw the risk association as a nice
and smooth spline. Some sort of "limiting behaviour" of cutting the
continous variable into percentiles and choosing a reference level. In
your fashion:

set more off
use http://www.stata-press.com/data/cgg/reyes, clear
xtile qammonia=ammonia, nq(10)