Re: st: (no subject)

From   Ian C Zink <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: (no subject)
Date   Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:53:47 -0500

Thank you Michael, no, I entered the variable values directly in STATA - please see my other response for a proper rephrasing of the question.
Michael I. Lichter wrote:
I'm guessing that you are trying to read data from a spreadsheet (using -insheet-) and that Stata is not treating the data exactly as you'd like. For example, you have a numeric dummy variable (1/0) and it's being read by Stata as a string variable, perhaps because missing values are indicated with some sort of non-numeric character. If you could be more specific, that would be helpful.

-ml

Ian C Zink wrote:
How do ensure Stata reads my variables that I want to be categorical (binary) as such?
Thank you...

--
Ian C. Zink
Aquaculture Department - Division of Marine Affairs U. of Miami - Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science