st: Pearson correlate returned values: corr vs. pwcorr

From   "Grealy, Patrick J" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Pearson correlate returned values: corr vs. pwcorr
Date   Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:38:13 -0600

Hi,
I would like to have the coefficient and significance available as
returned values but both _corr_ and _pwcorr_ seem to come up short. I
can get the coeff returned by _corr_ but not sig. I can get coeff and
sig displayed by pwcorr but not returned as values for programming.
Reluctantly, I am tempted to hack my local version of _pwcorr_ . Is
there an easier way?

Here is a simple demo:
sysuse auto, clear
pwcorr headroom turn, sig