st: [Dummy Creation]

Subject   st: [Dummy Creation]
Date   Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:21:20 +0100

Line for the server...

Always use informative subject lines! That is the most probable reason for
the zero replies you got...

You may want to look at -h xi-

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ian Kelly
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 10:22 PM
To: [email protected]

Hello,

I received this e-mail address from google.  I have a model with logsalary
as my
independent variable and nba player information are my regressors.  I have a
variable called position that is encoded either 1,2,3,4 or 5.  I would like
make 5 interaction variables with logsalary because different statistics are
relevant for different positions.  I believe I first need to create dummy
varialbes for each position then interact them with logsalary but I'm having
trouble doing this in stata.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Ian Kelly