st: METAGRAPH after META command - is it possible to truncate (manually define ticks)

From   Wendy Wilkins <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: METAGRAPH after META command - is it possible to truncate (manually define ticks)
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:04:28 -0600 (CST)

I have been using STATA for a meta-analysis of diagnostic test data
(test sensitivity and specificity). I have used metagraph to generate
forest plots after the meta command. The problem I am having is one of
"esthetics" - I would like to include the forest plots in my
manuscript, to be submitted for publication. However, given the wide
standard errors for some observations, the resulting confidence
intervals frequently extend well
beyond the sensible limits of 0 to 100% defining sensitivity and
specificity e.g. the point estimate for these values for any given
study will lie between 0 to 1, but on the forest plot the CI's may
extend from -10 to +10.

My question is this - is there any way to truncate the forest plot to
limit the graph to display 0 to 1 only?