RE: st: graphing problems

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: graphing problems
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:01:14 -0000

Some further suggestions for Moleps on 1).

-catplot- is a user-written program on SSC. (Please recall the request
to explain where user-written stuff you refer to comes from.)

Moleps is using the -graph bar- option -over()- as part of his call to
-catplot-. The help for -graph bar- explains that you can insert
sub_options into the -over()- call.

If that does not serve, you need to re-order your categories beforehand:
that is, it is a data management problem. In addition to Maarten's
suggestion, note -recode-.

Maarten buis

--- moleps islon <[email protected]> wrote:

> 1)After having created a barplot using catplot is there a way to
> reorder the categories? I suspect not-but redoing the catplot command
> - catplot bar x, over(y) asyvars stack perc(y) - I still cannot
> figure out how to determine the ordering of the categories...(the
> peer-reviewer specifically requested a specific ordering of the
> categories)

The -axis()- function within the -egenmore- package is specifically
designed to deal with that problem. You can download -egenmore- from
SSC by typing -ssc install egenmore-.