SV: st: GLAMM and nested logit/probit

From   "Kristian Karlson" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   SV: st: GLAMM and nested logit/probit
Date   Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:11:01 +0100

Dear Stata users

I would like to hear if anyone can help me with my original question in this
thread (see above). I have to model two multinomial logit models
incorporating unobserved heterogeneity. I would like to use -gllamm-. But
maybe another solution is better. Maarten was very helpful in sharpening my
question earlier in this thread; however, he was not able to help me with
this particular model estimation in -gllamm-.

The parts of the model are (to recapitulate the beginning of this thread):
The first choice stands between three educational tracks after primary
school. Contingent on choosing one of these tracks (secondary), the second
choice is between four post-secondary tracks.

A similar model is found in Breen & Jonsson 2000: "Analyzing Educational
Careers: A Multinomial Transition Model", American Sociological Review, vol.
65 no. 5.

I hope that somebody out there is able to help me.

All the best
Kristian