Re: st: RE: Re: how to reply on Statalist

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Re: how to reply on Statalist
Date   Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:36:28 +0000

One of the problems with replying to messages in a digest is that you
may have missed out on a portion of the "conversation" as messages that
were posted after that days digest was sent out will be waiting at the
top of the next days digest.

Thus when digest subscribers open their mailbox in the morning, read the
digest and wish to reply to a message its worth checking the archives to
see what other messages have been made that aren't included in the
digest as there may be additional clarification to a question or an
answer may already have been posted (not that there is anything wrong
with posting the same answer twice or alternative solutions to the same
problem).

This was my main impetus to switch to ditch receiving the digest when I
first subscribe to statalist.

Neil

--
"We should make things as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Anon (not Albert Einstein)

This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged  information.
If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before
deleting it.  Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail