RE: how to reply on Statalist [was: RE: st: Categorizing HIV status using a series of string variables]

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: how to reply on Statalist [was: RE: st: Categorizing HIV status using a series of string variables]
Date   Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:33:54 -0000

Cheer up, Tony. You did it once, you say. Some regular list members make
many valuable postings yet _never_ -- in some cases as a point of
principle -- ever delete a single character from previous postings. It
is quite common to see postings ending with multiple copies of

Of course, if you read postings from the top you can, and should,
usually bail out before seeing such ejunk.

Lachenbruch, Peter

The one huge drawback is hitting reply to the digest mail.  That would,
if I understand correctly, have the entire days submissions as part of
the "RE:" transmission.  I think I may have done this once and felt
red-faced.

[big snip]