st: Re: Transfering a large set of Stata tables into Excel

Subject   st: Re: Transfering a large set of Stata tables into Excel
Date   Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:07:19 +0100

Just -log- your output so you do not have to keep up with Stata`s pace. See -h log-. I also think -collapse- would serve you well...

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rachel" <[email protected]>
To: "statalist" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:03 PM
Subject: st: Transfering a large set of Stata tables into Excel

I'm performing the -su- command on a series of variables in each of a
large set of datasets.

The command looks like

global Datasets "dataset1 dataset2....dataset35"
foreach l in $Datasets {
use `l'
di in red "`l'"
su var1-var3 var8-var11 var17-var25
clear
}

I need to transfer all the resultant tables (maybe 35 of them) into
Excel.  From what I understand, the Copy Table right-click command
only works on a single table at a time , so I have to copy them one by
one, correct?  But because the running display only stores up to a
certain number of lines, I have to do it as the command is running.

Is there another better way to transfer all these tables into Excel
than copying and pasting them one by one?

Thanks very much,
Rachel