st: trouble using _n-1

From   Joseph Wagner <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: trouble using _n-1
Date   Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:59:45 -0500

I wish to use the program -concord- to perform an interrater reliability for a rater. The data is arranged as such:

idcode      date    var1   var2
person1   date    var1   var2
person1   date    var1   var2
person2   date    var1   var2
person2   date    var1   var2

there are too many variables and observations for me to -reshape- wide so I thought that I could try this:

bysort idcode date: concord var1 var1[_n-1] since the data is arrayed as pairs of observations which I wish to compare

but instead of working I get the following error: "_n unknown weight type"

Am I forced to try some sort of piecewise -reshape- (sets of variables) or am I just doing this all wrong?