Re: st: Converting stata file to Mplus

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Converting stata file to Mplus
Date   Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:48:02 -0600

Doesn't Mplus read text files? I did not think there was any need for
any such convertors at all. -outfile- your data, and then read them in
Mplus via "Data: File = filename.txt;", and I believe other options
such as Type = individual) are default anyway.

Better yet, write your own likeihood or Mata optimizer, and get the
estimators right in Stata where you can use them in -estimates-
commands, use -robust- option or -svy- settings. Or use -gllamm- for
mixed responses, nothing is better than -gllamm- for it.