Re: st: One to N matching

Subject   Re: st: One to N matching
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:37:52 -0500

Nick--
I don't think -duplicates- addresses the issue.  The idea is, for
observation 1, find the k obs with the closest value of p (k a scalar,
say 4, and p a variable, measuring for example a propensity).  Then
repeat for observation 2, but do not pick any of the obs you picked
for observation 1.  Et cetera. "Duplicates" in this setting means
picking observations more than once, I believe.

This is presumably needed for some nonstandard form of propensity
score matching--on which see Rosenbaum and Rubin (1983), linked
directly from p.26 of http://pped.org/stata/ciwod.pdf