Re: st: Question re outreg2

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Question re outreg2
Date   Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:40:38 -0800

>While I want to regress y1 on x1, y2 on x2, etc,
>in the output table I want to represent all 5
>coefficients in the same line, called x.

You should generate a variable called x from x1. In
the following regression, replace x with x2 and so on.

cd c:\
sysuse auto, clear
ren mpg y1
ren rep78 y2
ren head x1
ren trunk x2

gen x=x1
reg y1 x weight
outreg2 using eraseMe, replace

replace x=x2
reg y2 x weight
outreg2 using eraseMe, see

You now have your stuff on the same row.

>In addition, I have the problem that in the table Stata writes y1
>at the top of every column, rather than calling the second one y2,
>the third y3, etc...

The above commands produces a table with y1 and y2 at the top of
columns. If you are getting y1 across, you probably forgot to change
y1 to y2 in the subsequent regression. You can always use ctitle( )
option, but I don't think it's relevant here.

Roy