Re: st: variable that counts double observations..

From   "Ashim Kapoor" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: variable that counts double observations..
Date   Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:58:42 +0530

Nick,

I know it is not exactly what is written but it does the job of
grouping 2 consecutive variables and hence can be used in the by
command. To refine it you may say

egen j=group(var)

then we will have 1 1 2 2  3 3 etc.

By the way I never got your 1st post. Email got eaten up I guess.

Thank you,
Ashim.