Re: st: append to an empty dataset

From   Johannes Geyer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: append to an empty dataset
Date   Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:05:07 +0100

I had/have that problem too and most often I have to create a cycle and an
exception (the first data set). Reading throught your posts I thought why
not add that option -gen tempvar- to append when using it?

Wouldn't that suffice?:

**************
program append_empty
syntax using [, *]

tempvar qwerty
gen `qwerty' = 1

append `using', `options'
end
**************

**************
clear
append_empty somedataset
**************

Johannes

Johannes Geyer
Deutsches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW Berlin)
German Institute for Economic Research
Department of Public Economics
DIW Berlin
Mohrenstraße 58