Re: st: Skewness estimates with svyset data

From   "Richard Palmer-Jones" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Skewness estimates with svyset data
Date   Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:13:07 +0000

Thanks - I did check using summarize with weights, and other tests
(sktest), and qnorm/pnrom, and generally skewness is no problem, but
for some subsamples it may be. I am jconcerned that  stratification is
lost by these views.

Could you please clarify the nlcom formula, please?

nlcom (_b[ht3] - 3*_b[ht2] * _b[ht] + 2*_b[ht])/(_b[ht2] - _b[ht] *  _b[ht])^3/2

(ht being height, ht = ht^2 and ht3 = ht^3)

I suspect my translation is not correct as the coefficients I get are
not close to skewness (and is it the formula for skewness?).

Thanks again.

Richard