Re: st: svyselmlog

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: svyselmlog
Date   Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:25:02 -0300

Riccardo,

to use svyselmlog, you need change the version of your Stata to 8 and
svyset your data with Stata 8 sintax:

version 8: svyset [pweight = ], psu() strata()

Remember that with selmlog first will estimate the mlogit and in the
select equation your dependent variable is continous. This command is
totally wrong (svyselmlog dummy x1 x2, select(dummy x1 x2 x3)).

Hope this helps,

Joao Lima

2008/10/22 CEPII Riccardo Magnani <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with the command svyselmlog.
>
> Stata help says that:
> svyselmlog requires that the survey design variables be identified using
> svyset, see help svyset
>
> I found in the site
> http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/Stata/faq/svy_introsurvey.htm an
> application of svyset
>
> So, in Stata I did:
> use http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/svysmall, clear
> gen xx=uniform()
> gen dummy = 0 if xx>0.6
> replace dummy = 1 if dummy==.    (so I generated a dummy variable 0 - 1)
> svyset house [pweight = wt], strata(eth)
> svy: regress y x1 x2 x3   (the regression works)
>
> But, if I run the svyselmlog command in the following way:
> svyselmlog dummy x1 x2, select(dummy x1 x2 x3)
> Stata says:
> Data not set up for the old survey estimation commands; use svyset under
> version control or use the new svy prefix.
>
> What can I do to run svyselmlog?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Riccardo Magnani
>

> --
> Riccardo Magnani
>
> Economist
>
> CEPII - Centre d'Etudes Prospectives et d'Informations Internationales
> Address: 9, Rue Georges Pitard, 75015, Paris
> Tel: +33 (0)1 53 68 55 36
> Fax: +33 (0)1 53 68 55 03
> Email: [email protected]

Joao Ricardo Lima