st: svyselmlog

From   CEPII Riccardo Magnani <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: svyselmlog
Date   Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:38:25 +0200

Hi,
I have a problem with the command svyselmlog.

Stata help says that:
svyselmlog requires that the survey design variables be identified using
svyset, see help svyset

I found in the site
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/Stata/faq/svy_introsurvey.htm an
application of svyset

So, in Stata I did:
use http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/svysmall, clear
gen xx=uniform()
gen dummy = 0 if xx>0.6
replace dummy = 1 if dummy==.    (so I generated a dummy variable 0 - 1)
svyset house [pweight = wt], strata(eth)
svy: regress y x1 x2 x3   (the regression works)

But, if I run the svyselmlog command in the following way:
svyselmlog dummy x1 x2, select(dummy x1 x2 x3)
Stata says:
Data not set up for the old survey estimation commands; use svyset under
version control or use the new svy prefix.

What can I do to run svyselmlog?

Thanks in advance
Riccardo Magnani

--
Riccardo Magnani

Economist

CEPII - Centre d'Etudes Prospectives et d'Informations Internationales
Address: 9, Rue Georges Pitard, 75015, Paris
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 68 55 36
Fax: +33 (0)1 53 68 55 03
Email: [email protected]