Re: st: export and use of queried data table

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: export and use of queried data table
Date   Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:07:35 -0400

Todd, Joseph has mentioned commands which allow you to save and re- use data and to save summaries of tabulations as data. You also need to learn some other basic commands, such as the "log using" command, which will create a log file and save to it all results you see in the viewer. If you are not sure of how to do something (say "XXX") in Stata, type "search XXX" or "search XXX, all". For example, "search saving" or "search save" will get Stata help entries on your computer for saving data (and other things); "search saving, all" will get internet resources as well.

Here are some good online resources for learning Stata.

http://stata.com/links/resources1.html
http://www.cpc.unc.edu/services/computer/presentations/ statatutorial //references a tutorial for SAS users
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/modules/
pped.org/stata/IntroSt.pdf

Be sure to read the Staalist FAQ, especially Section 3.

-Steve