Res: st: xtlogit with cluster

From   Glauco Peres <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Res: st: xtlogit with cluster
Date   Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:47:35 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks anyway, guys.
Is it theoretically possible to use the cluster command with xtlogit? Or am I asking for something weird?
If that is possible, does anyone have a do-file or so?

thanks again.

Glauco

----- Mensagem original ----
De: Martin Weiss <[email protected]>
Para: [email protected]
Enviadas: Domingo, 12 de Outubro de 2008 7:11:39
Assunto: Re: st: xtlogit with cluster

I think that is not true, either. If the -bootstrap- vce for -xtlogit-
allowed -cluster-ing, highlighting the -bootstrap- vce in the dialog box
should bring up a drop-down for the -cluster- variable, just as it does in,
for instance, -db xtreg-. When I

**********
. webuse union, clear
(NLS Women 14-24 in 1968)

. xtlogit union age grade not_smsa south southXt, fe vce(bootstrap,
cluster(black))
option cluster() not allowed
r(198);

. xtlogit union age grade not_smsa south southXt, re vce(bootstrap,
cluster(black))
option cluster() not allowed
r(198);

it does not allow me to cluster, even with the -bootstrap-. Otherwise one
could easily circumvent any restriction on the analytic se with
the -bootstrap-...

HTH
Martin