st: rownumb of a number

From   "Javier L�zaro" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: rownumb of a number
Date   Mon, 6 Oct 2008 01:30:09 +0200

Dear Statalist users,

I am a beginner programmer of Stata, I would like to know if there are
any function like "rownumb", which return the row number associated
with the name specified by an equation name, but, instead of an
equation name, I would like to insert one of the elements of the
matrix.
For example :

>matrix C = (43 \ 32 \ 36)
>local aux = rownumber(C,32)
>display `aux'
2

Are there any function or way to do this?
Could you help me?

Thank you,
Javier