Re: st: Best laptop specifications to run version 9.0 and 10

Subject   Re: st: Best laptop specifications to run version 9.0 and 10
Date   Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:37:43 +0200

What`s your secret then?

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rafal Raciborski" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: st: Best laptop specifications to run version 9.0 and 10

i have a year old hp laptop with vista business and 2g ram and never
had problem setting memory to 1400m

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Martin Weiss <[email protected]> wrote:
My laptop runs Vista Ultimate 32bit with 3G of Ram. I used to be able to
-set mem 1000m-, sometimes, when I got lucky, 1100m. Then, after a few
months, it went downhill dramatically. Now I never make it past 500m. Bottom
line: big jobs in Stata belong on a desktop computer, preferably with a
64bit OS (and 64bit Stata)...

HTH
Martin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lachenbruch, Peter"