Re: st: comment out a number of lines together

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: comment out a number of lines together
Date   Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:27:55 -0400

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Steven Samuels <[email protected]> wrote:
> Sergiy,
> -foreach-, or rather, the brackets it requires,  must have something to do
> with it.
>
> -Steve
>
> *****************CODE BEGINS****************
> sysuse auto, clear
> #delim ;
> *****************No Comments****************
> sum mpg
> if rep78 ==1 ;
> ****Putting a space in front of //  works, as you stated:
>  // sum mpg
>  // if rep78 ==1;

> *****// without a preceding space works too:
> // sum mpg
> // if rep78 ==1;

UNTIL THE SEMICOLUMN.

Try putting a semicolumn right after the column and it breaks immediately.

Sergiy