RE: st: RE: problems with clear command in v 10.1

Subject   RE: st: RE: problems with clear command in v 10.1
Date   Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:16:05 +0200

-which- shows that they were last changed in sep and dec 2007, respectively,
long before 10.1 came out. So Dave`s problem should have occurred back then
(unless he did not update between sep 2007 and now which would be odd...)

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Sergiy Radyakin
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 5:11 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: problems with clear command in v 10.1

label was built-in in Stata 9 and is implemented in .ado in Stata 10.
both label.ado and clear.ado are in updates directory, which means
they have changed since Stata 10 release.

1. create a .do file with a single command clear
run it
if there is an error: set trace on and run it. note the last file and
lines before the error.
clear must always work, if it does not, there is something with your
installation. make sure your update succeeded.

2. type:
which label
which clear

Post the response here