st: problems with clear command in v 10.1

From   David Winter <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: problems with clear command in v 10.1
Date   Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:23:17 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

Following receipt of the recent newsletter, I have upgraded from version 10.0 to 10.1.

I had written some .do files in version 9.x and they all work fine in version 10.0.  They include the -clear- command.

I have just run some of these .do files and they now do not work.  When they run the -clear- command the memory is cleared but the following messages appear:

unrecognised command: label
r(199);

This also happens in version 10.1 from the command line, i.e

use <any .dta file>
clear

(data is cleared from memory)

unrecognised command: label
r(199);

What is the solution to this problem please?  I have tried all of the above on a machine running version 10.0 without the update and all works correctly with no errors.

B/W,

Dave

Mr David L. Winter, HNC
IT Manager
Centre for Childhood Cancer Survivor Studies�
Department of Public Health & Epidemiology
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2TT