Re: st: Transparent graph

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Transparent graph
Date   Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:37:51 -0400

Dear Joseph,

thank you very much for the hint. I came up to a similar solution
already: splitting the whole chart into a number of smaller elements,
for which I can determine it's color. I also precompute the colors for
the areas of overlaps. However, because in my case I am dealing with
the curves (not lines, as in Mr. Mander's program), which means
solving nonlinear equations to find the intersection points.
(unfortunately no analytical solution exists, but an approximation is
fine: we are dealing with pixels in the end anyways). In my case it is
a very simple picture, so I ended up precomputing the points of
intersection using a numerical math package, but drawing it could be
trivial if transparency was somehow made available to the Stata
programmers.

Thank you all for giving me hints on the topic. The problem is now
resolved. Sergiy